Welcome to the Levite Support Blog!


Why "Levite" ?



The word "Levite" comes from the name Levi. Levites are the descendants of the Tribe of Levi, the first tribe of Israel. Levi, the tribe's head was the eldest brother of Joseph(the dreamer).

Originally, firstborn sons were designated to be the holy tribe, the ones who would serve in the Tabernacle and the Temples, and be the spiritual leaders of our nation; God having "acquired" them when He spared them during the Plague of the Firstborn in Egypt. When the Tribe of Levi proved their mettle during the debacle of the Golden Calf, God removed the privilege of priesthood from the firstborns and instead sanctified the entire tribe of Levi.

The Levites' primary tasks in the temple are:

> Carrying the Tabernacle and its vessels when the Jews traveled in the desert.
>
Guarding the Temple as watchmen and doormen.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sharing Time!

Hey guys! I would just like to share my experience in the church service early this morning. Here goes.

I am assigned to lead the praise and worship for the whole month of March. I really wasn't ready but I believe that the Lord has great plans for me regarding this so I got my line ups until the fourth week planned out (one lineup to go! :D).

We practiced last night and I just know that something was off. The songs were great songs but something was not right and so when I got home, I pulled out my laptop and just flooded my playlist and kept it playing until the batteries died (and I was asleep..hehe). In the morning I felt lighter but still that same burden weightens me. I prayed to God and asked Him to get it off me. I told Him that I can't lead like that. It wouldn't be effective (my nerve for suggesting to God eh?).

I got to church early and I brought my trustee laptop with me. Nobody was in the sanctuary but me. I prayed again but this time i prayed harder. After that, I took the liberty of playing some songs from my PC, hoping that some light would come to me by doing this. After some songs I came over a particular song. It came to me like it was the missing piece for the worship's line up, but there's another problem - My musicians didn't know the song so we had to cram practice it before the service starts.

By God's grace it all worked out. After the service, I heard positive comments about the praise & worship (ehem! all glory goes to God.)

The lesson here is not that we can cram practice and have an effective worship, but to be sensitive to the works of the Holy Spirit. Sometimes we got our future so planned out that we leave no space for God's ideas to fill in. Remember that our lives are already pre-written by God years before we were born.

I hope you can bear with my storytelling skills (if we may call it skills. LOL.) I'm really rusty in these stuff but I just have this desire to share with you my thoughts and hopefully help you in your ministries as well.


PS.
here are the lines that made our line up complete


I only want to be where You are
I only want to be where You are

Holy, Holy is the Lord
King of glory, Forever!
Savior of the world

-need you here by hillsong

No comments:

Post a Comment